Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cleaning Products

I am a sucker for a pretty label and scent when it comes to cleaning products. I also don’t like the way most cleaners (especially bathroom/surface) make my hands feel after I am finished cleaning. The chemicals in most cleaning products are very dangerous and harmful to our health. Chemicals like ammonia, bleach, sodium hypochlorite and formaldehyde are all commonly found in the cleaning agents we use in our homes and businesses.

Good news - there are alternatives.

Seventh Generation posted this article on their website that includes a cheesy little video with Dr. Greene (really? Greene? ...I know...) with the basics on how to choose better cleaning agents inside your home.


Concerned about safer products being more expensive? Green Works line, put out by Clorox, is more cost competitive. Since Clorox is such a big company they can keep the price down on their products. Sierra Club is partnering with them on this product.

Want to make your own cleaners?

Grist.org always seems to have a level-headed opinion on things. Here is a product comparison that they did.

I have to say again that I am a sucker for a pretty label, so green|spacers' personal favorite brand is Mrs. Meyers. These products make me want to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment